This is a great summer dish! With strawberries and avacado in season at the moment, the flavors are at their peak, making this all the more delicious. Avacado includes heart-healthy monounsaturated fat, as well as vitamins E, C, and B6. Strawberries are also a great source of vitamin C. Sweet, tangy, creamy, spicy… this is a meal you’ll want to have again and again this summer!
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 12 strawberries, sliced
- 1 avacado, diced
- Juice of 1-2 limes
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro
- Salt, pepper, and cayenne, to taste
- Cooked rice, if desired
- Prepare the salsa by combining strawberries, avacado, lime juice, and cilantro. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne, to taste.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet.
- Rub chicken with salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Cook chicken in the skillet on medium heat for seven minutes or so on each side, until no longer pink.
- Serve the chicken with salsa and over a bed of rice, if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 4-oz piece chicken + 1/2 cup salsa (without rice)
- Calories: 290
- Fat: 13g
- Sodium: 450mg
- Potassium: 300mg
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Sugar: 4g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 4g
*Recipe adapted from Cooking Light, at http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/chicken-cutlets-strawberry-avocado-salsa.