An impressive yet simple side that will impress your friends and family. Bring to a potluck or prepare for an elegant dinner, this is easy and delicious! Plus it’s fun to make. Who doesn’t like making art with food? So bring out your creative side and make this wonderful masterpiece!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small russet potatoes, unpeeled, sliced in rounds
- 1 zucchini, sliced in rounds
- 1 yellow squash, sliced in rounds
- 3 large Roma tomatoes, sliced in rounds
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Dried thyme, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of the oil in a skillet. Add the onions and sauté for about 8 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Spread the onions and garlic in an even layer into the bottom of a greased, round baking dish.
- Alternating vegetables, layer them in a spiral in the dish.
- Sprinkle the seasonings and drizzle the remaining 1 tbsp. olive oil over the top.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for about 35 minutes.
- Uncover the dish, sprinkle with Parmesan, and bake for 25-30 more minutes, until browned. Voilà!
- Calories: 105
- Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 390mg
- Potassium: 415mg
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Sugar: 3g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
*Recipe adapted from For the Love of Cooking, at http://www.fortheloveofcooking.net/2009/02/vegetable-tian.html.