If you need a quick, Mexican-inspired, delicious meal, this is the one! Flavorful and filling, you won’t go wrong with this dish. I’m a huge fan of Mexican food, and even though you wouldn’t find this at a restaurant, it will satisfy your craving! This dish also happens to be sitting in my favorite bowl. It’s polish pottery and it’s got flowers on it, and anyways it’s lovely. This meal deserves to be on nice dishes!! Enjoy 🙂
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 pkg quinoa/brown rice blend (like NearEast red pepper and basil)
- 1 cup water
- 1 15oz can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 15oz can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 15oz can corn (drained)
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 avacado, peeled and diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or pot on medim heat. Add jalapeño and sauté for about a minute.
- Add remaining ingredients except for the lime juice and avacado and bring to a boil.
- Next, cover, reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook for about 20 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- Then, add the avacado and lime and serve!
- Calories: 405
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 60g
- Sugar: 5g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 13g
*Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious, at http://damndelicious.net/2014/04/09/one-pan-mexican-quinoa/.